Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It followed me home...

Loot

What could I do ?

Lol - went to the Three Bags Full Sale on Saturday afternoon - just to Vancouver for the day. Crazy scene - apparently the morning line was out the door by 15 people. Luckily, by the time I arrived late afternoon, the line was just inside the door. Fabulous prices - 30% off Malabrigo Silky Merino, and 20% off the Malabrigo Sock, and Malabrigo Worsted. Surprisingly, (or maybe not so), the price on the Malsock was C$23.95 reg. price, same as the 20% off ended up being at Beehive (20% off $29.95). I guess that's either the exchange rate or extra cost of ferry and shipping to the Island. By the time I arrived, the cupcakes were well long gone, as was most of the Malabrigo Aquarella and Gruesa at 50% off, and no lonely singles. I did pick out most of what I wanted, and then some.

Here's a close-up of the Mmmmmalabrigo part:
Malabrigo Loot
Yum!

Sunday was the BB belated Christmas Party - interesting swap exchange, this season, I was at 3 of these gift exchanges with stealing possibilities and ended up with #1 - now, if I could just figure out a way to make that work for other things...
I made up for it anyway, by receiving by mail on Monday a skein of Italian Silk by Fleece Artist that a lady from New Brunswick was destashing on Ravelry-
Fleece Artist Italian Silk
It's beautiful!

Hard to believe though that 119g of yarn cost $10.66 to send from East Coast Canada (New Brunswick) to West Coast Canada (Victoria, BC)
Can Post
yet costs $5-6 to go to the US, and $2.14 to send from US to Canada - how's that for fair - our economy could be stimulated probably just by lowering mailing costs.

Met with Chris and she had felted her hat over the holiday - here's the pic:
P1030150

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Wow! Gorgeous yarn buys! I wondered if you would end up going.

black friday

I've updated the sale page with some key sales for Black Friday. I'm not doing a lot of yarn buying these days, so these are the on...