Tuesday, September 18, 2012

the magical earburn

Today I asked our webadmin at work if he could set up an earburn.
..an earburn to a department head to come read a specific page on our sharepoint site...to respond to a question posed there by our staff.

He kept saying "A what ?! - What's that?!".

ok. seriously, how come noone else knows what that is!

Even after I enlightened him, when I tried to explain, the art of earburning -  I forgot it was a rav-term -being able to call out a particular userid publically, but privately within a closed environment.

Sadly, he could only offer an "alert" - an e-mail with the pasted link to potentially prod the person to go look at the page. It's been a week since the person first posted in the public forum. Seems like a lifetime in an internet world when people connect with each other in a matter of minutes, or less. archaic, really. sad that replying to acknowledge that the person's question was received and is being investigated is put aside to craft the perfect response.

No comments:

black friday

I've updated the sale page with some key sales for Black Friday. I'm not doing a lot of yarn buying these days, so these are the on...