Sunday, May 13, 2007

Almost Finished: Karabella Shawl Collar Pullover

Fell in love with this VK sweater from the Winter 2005 issue.



Although it's more than a year later, the style's still in.
Now, it's just getting a bit warm to think about wearing it.
Original was knit in A. Vittadini yarn in light pink.

I'm using Karabella Aurora 8 which is 100% Merino wool and it's known for its springiness ("irrestringible" is what it says on the yarn band.




The picture doesn't show it well, but it's a deep red (Wine) in same gauge 18 sts per 4". I've knit the body, and arms, only the collar left to do. This is the first sweater I have knit that has actual waist shaping (as indicated by all those green and orange markers). I tried on the body, and it fits wonderfully!

The sleeves were knit on one very long circular needle, in the round, both at the same time. Another first for me. I put markers at the join (hidden in the pic, as it runs down the back/seam edge of the sleeve), so when I flattened it out to show the front of the sleeve, there's a bit of a pull.

No comments:

black friday

I've updated the sale page with some key sales for Black Friday. I'm not doing a lot of yarn buying these days, so these are the on...