Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Bitchy Bees and Salto Socks

The Bitchy Bees group has definitely grown. Yesterday, when I arrived at 6:30pm ish, the group had already taken over the place - the long L table was established, and some 15 of us knitters' grouped around knitting and chattering joyously.

The weather has warmed up, and for the first time at knit night, I ordered something cool to drink - iced matcha latte. It was ok. They were out of carbonated water, so I my first choice of a italian soda was out. Maybe next time.

My Salto socks are progressing. I zoomed down towards the lower leg last night. The cables have become easier to do now that I can recognize when to twist, instead of trying to count the rows. I think I'm twist every 3rd instead of 4th row. The increases at center back, and decreases at center front of the socks are become more apparent.
I'm really enjoying the yarn pirate merino tencel - it's so soft, and shiny. Everyone who sees it comments that it looks so shiny. Yep, shiny. and soft...mmmm - i'm off to play with my socks, and enjoy the sunshine.






1 comment:

about V said...

Those are looking great! I love how shiny the yarn looks, oooh...shiny :-)
You're right! The group #'s have exploded in recent months, which is so surprising since it is summer & you'd expect less people to show up! Oh well, it's always so much fun :-)
~Nessa

black friday

I've updated the sale page with some key sales for Black Friday. I'm not doing a lot of yarn buying these days, so these are the on...