Sunday, June 29, 2008

Heat Wave



It was 90 degrees outside today (ok, that's about 32C) - Hot hot hot! Especially going from about a balmy 70 degrees on Friday. Yesterday was the first hot day - my car was reading 86F. Even with a hat, I was toasty. My sandals are in my storage unit, so I am looking to acquire some new ones. I didn't make it to Mayfair Mall early enough today to check it out, so maybe tomorrow.

Yesterday, I went down to the waterfront with my friend Jen to look at the Tall Ships in the Inner Harbour, and the festival going on there. There was some kind of amber alert on, so we weren't allowed to go in. We went up the street to find a cool drink. Sam's Deli only had warm water waiting in their cooler; another touristy place wanted to charge us $2.65 or a Dasani, and third time's the charm, we went to Murchie's for a cool ice tea.

Later on, we drove to Dallas Rd. and set up my Canada chair next to a bench to knit while we waited for the Tall Ships to come by and do their Cannon War. When they came by, they were so far out, we couldn't see much. We could only hear the boom of the cannon, and see the smoke. It wasn't much of a war. These shots were taken on my zoom. We knit and chatted until the sun was setting.
Today was a sleepy day and mellow since it was so hot out. I zipped out around 4ish to do some errands. Then, came home. Pizza (slipped off the wagon there), and a salad for dinner. Yum.

No comments:

black friday

I've updated the sale page with some key sales for Black Friday. I'm not doing a lot of yarn buying these days, so these are the on...