Monday, September 01, 2008

August activities update

Well, some belated posting about August activities. Between the 2 swap packages, I went to Portland in early August, the weekend of the Olympics, and went to Woodburn Outlet and found some clothing there. Also, Close Knit was having their big summer sale (20% off) and found some Manos Silky merino which was new for me - there - doesn't that look yummy ?
Manos Merino Silk

I picked up the 1 skein of the BSA Suri Merino in Garden I've been wanting, and a few patterns. Also, went to the Japanese Garden
P1020125

...ate at a couple of favorite restaurants - One Thai (in NE, on Alberta). They have a huge (and I mean huge!) thai coffee or thai tea that looks like it is served in a glass that is literally a bowl on top, with a long stem. Also went to Peem Kaew on the Park blocks (1 block south of the main post office) - I love their curry salmon, and the pad thai with crab. Yum! Also, went one night to Pho Van in Beaverton. They make a lovely pho with braised duck and mushrooms, which is warm and yummy.

Next, came back and tried to knit quickly to pick up on Ravelympics 2008 for our Team - Team Bitchy Bees -
2TeamBBLogoSized

I had entered 8 wips-wrestling projects, and 2 new projects - Cherie Amour, and the Dream in Color Shrug, that Crystal had sent me for the Summer swap. I swatched both, and off I went. After 16 days, it was clear that I was lucky to finish what I did. Aug. 13th was the Beer Knit get together, which is when I was knitting the start of my Cherie Amour. That one I finished in time, well, as a vest.
P1020279

It's really comfy. I might change my mind later and add sleeves, but for now, it's very comfortable to wear just as a vest. I finished 2 Wips - my lotus bamboo tank which I started in 2006:
P1020266

and a pair of cable footies in the Vera colorway in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted.
P1020198

They're a variation of the footies from One Skein, as I thought the weave was too loose on those, and so made them with a US 5, and a few more stitches. I'm wearing them around the house now, and enjoying them. I worked on 2 other wips but did not finish - the Artyarns Dress - Shapely Symmetry Sheath, I frogged the front part back as there wasn't enough contrast on the dress, and started re-knitting. The second was the neck-down cardigan in Blue Sky Alpacas Suri Merino - finished the sleeve, blocked the front, and started the collar.

Current projects are the Dream in Color Shrug, and the Shapely Symmetry Sheath.

No comments:

black friday

I've updated the sale page with some key sales for Black Friday. I'm not doing a lot of yarn buying these days, so these are the on...