Saturday, October 11, 2008

Lace Handwarmers and Felted Hat

Currently knitting these lace handwarmers made from some yarn I handdyed - in greens and blues. The handwarmers are pretty stretchy..although the pattern says "Fits most women".

Hand side:
Green Handwarmer Left
Palm side:
Green Handwarmer left palm

As for my felted hat, the sob story is that I made one of these in 2005 and subsequently lost the favorite hat, so I'm making another as I know it'll be cold with that Victoria wind whipping by, and I don't want to go another year without. The hat is made with 3 skeins of Noro Kureyon - at least that is, with the parts of the 3 skeins that I wanted, namely the bright red and pink parts. The dark gray and black parts I just cut out. As one of my BB buddies mentioned, it probably makes the colorway more random. That's true, it's turned out wonderfully.
Here's the pre-felted version:
To-be Felted Noro Hat

Although it's rough on the hands while knitting, Kureyon knits and felts up like a dream into a firm but soft fabric, albeit a little hairy. Definitely use a lingerie bag when felting one of these, it definitely sheds.

Just drying now, when it's dry, I'll post a pic of the finished hat.

No comments:

black friday

I've updated the sale page with some key sales for Black Friday. I'm not doing a lot of yarn buying these days, so these are the on...