Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ta da ! Finished Hats, and Cowl

Well, my couple of hats and my crofter's cowl have been finished for a few weeks now, but my flickr connection seems to be bogged down. It just churns. I can upload pictures no problem, but can't get the pages on flickr to change or organize any pics, so i'll have to go back to uploading from my pc.

So...Ta da -here's pics:

Felted hat (modelled by my friend Chris)



Camel Coronet Hat
mods - originally planned to make this coronet hat with one skein of camel yarn (about 82 yds), so only knit the cable band, and picked up to knit the crown, without the backing on the band underneath. The result was I still ended up using 1 + skein, with at least 1/2 skein leftover, so I could have made it according to the pattern properly instead of making the mod.



Crofter's Cowl - with 1 skein (actually, only needed 1/2 a skein) of Malabrigo Worsted in Lorro Barranquero (burgundy, brown and yellow fall combo). Here's the original skein, and half of the finished product. Will post a pic of the full cowl when I get that downloaded.

The yarn - Malabrigo Lorro Barranquero


P1030007



Also, played around with some hand-dyeing again, and made these lovelies:







1 comment:

Wendy said...

your hat mod seems to have worked out, and with our climate you don't really need to line hats - that's more warmth than necessary.

Your dyed skeins are beautiful! I need to play at dying again!

black friday

I've updated the sale page with some key sales for Black Friday. I'm not doing a lot of yarn buying these days, so these are the on...