Sunday, November 23, 2008

It's in the air...

Christmas music has started, and luckily, I have started knitting Christmas gifts.
First up, I've started a felted pillbox hat in greens, purples and blues

Noro Kureyon - Chris' Hat

-pre-approved by my friend Chris for her Christmas gift. She was enchanted with mine, and preferred it over the cowl, so I'm about half way through the knitting - just crested the crown. Hopefully, will have a pic soon, the colours are turning out lovely. There's a bit of chartreuse/lime in there, but I hid it away inside, so it's not as garrish looking - the rest of the greens and blues are really appealing, I might end up doing a hat in these colours for myself. We'll see.

Next, I have plans for a red pair of fetching gloves for friend Pam (she's been pre-warned as well, except for the yarn feeling part); and the going away gift pushed to Christmas arm/hand warmers for Linz. That will probably be next. The yarn is Blue Moon Fiber Arts Silkie Socks in Gingerbread Dude -

Blue Moon Fiber Arts Silkie

which is a red-orange red, brown, and creme mixed in a twisted fiber. I think it's a silk-merino blend. The pattern will either be the pomatomus pattern in a glove form, or evangeline cabled, or possibly another handwarmer pattern in my q on ravelry.

jingle bells, jingle bells...

No comments:

black friday

I've updated the sale page with some key sales for Black Friday. I'm not doing a lot of yarn buying these days, so these are the on...