Monday, March 09, 2009

Captivating Treats

Finally took a few more close-ups of the malswap goodies -

Here's the handspun, up-close and personal...
Handspun (adriennec)

The cute monkey pagemarkers:

Copy of P1030267

and the Dolfin Chocolates (yum!)
Dolfin Chocolate

Another treat for me is that I finally finished up the Vera T I'd been making, and it fits great - I've worn it twice now to both knit nights.

VeraT Fini Body

I've started now a pair of socks - rhiannon in a yarn pirate icicle which is a merino-tencel, and a tie-wrap in bsa suri merino dawn (lt pink) that I received from yarnpiggy last bsa swap.

There's a horshoe cable on one side:
Horshoe Cable
and a fancier cable on the other:
Rhiannon Cable
and a part that folds over at the top of the cuff:
Foldover Cable Rhiannon Socks

An update about the hat for the friend in portland...turns out the measurement I was given was wrong, wrong, wrong - so it doesn't fit. I guess that's why I shouldn't try to make gifts for people who aren't where I am, as they just don't work out. Back to making stuff for me...

Here's the luxurious pic of the bsa suri merino from yarnpiggy
BSA SuriMerino Dawn Close-up,
and another with a photo of the pattern i'm trying to make.
BSA SuriMerino Dawn

Ironically, yarnpiggy was my recipient in this last malswap:
here's what I sent to her.

I love knitting with the suri merino cuz it's so soft, but at the same time, i'm currently captivated by the cables on the socks, so i imagine the wrap'll be slow going.

No comments:

black friday

I've updated the sale page with some key sales for Black Friday. I'm not doing a lot of yarn buying these days, so these are the on...