Monday, January 03, 2011

New Year's Resolutions - 12 in 2011

So my first new year's resolution is to be on a yarn and claim diet, and to this end, I have signed up for:

12in2011_Ravatar

12 in 2011 is an online rav group focused on working through 12 projects in 2011 (one a month, more if you are so inspired)..wait for it (drum roll please)..From..my..stash.(gulp)

Needless to say, I reorganized my rav q, tagged at least 12 projects, put the patterns in a binder to inspire myself, and cast on a new project yesterday - Watershed a light-weight lace cardi, in sundara aran silky merino. Color is Caribbean - a mix of blue and green together. I have 3 skeins, but expect to use less than 2.

Sundara ASM Caribbean 12in2011

As for the old projects from yesteryear, they're game too.
My Kelmscott Cardi is slightly stalled; have the back and two arms done. Have knit the fronts to the bo, but knit 2" MORE than needed, so I need to rip back about 10-12 rows, and decrease at the neck edge while re-knitting the last 2"; hence starting something new.

Here's to the new year and new knitting projects.

No comments:

black friday

I've updated the sale page with some key sales for Black Friday. I'm not doing a lot of yarn buying these days, so these are the on...