Friday, April 22, 2011

Currently working on two knitting projects - socks with Sweet Georgia Cashluxe Fine in Peashoot - I know, green again, but spring is finally here, sunny weather and sometimes warm.

Sweet Georgia Peashoot pic 1

The pattern is from the Art & Sole Collection by Janel Laidman...a lovely damselfy (like a dragonfly) graces the cuff. Knitting using Cat Bordhi's method and re-fitting with a new template. After cutting a first template, I realized that the template wasn't the width or length of my foot, so I've re-cut it and now, it's much better. I am at the point of decreasing for the heel, so hopefully get to the interesting pattern knitting soon.

Also working on the Opulence Raglan from Wendy Bernard. This is a elbow-length pullover with a cable running down the front. I'm finally busting my stash and using Sundara ASM Ruby Port which I brought when Sundara first introduced her "Year in Color" November or December 2009. The colors were supposed to be not repeatable for at least a year. Now, she's buckled and it has become a permanent colorway available regularly. I love knitting with the aran silky merino base, but it's a deep red which bleeds off on my hands as I knit. I'm getting used to having inky fingers again (a throwback to my rubberstamping days). I'm on the 2nd ball and in some plain rows at my waist before increasing.

It's a hard color to photograph - like opulent red with bits of black -
Opulence Sundara Yarn

No comments:

black friday

I've updated the sale page with some key sales for Black Friday. I'm not doing a lot of yarn buying these days, so these are the on...