Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Finishing up Larch

ok, finished sleeve 2, now to do the collar. I'm itching to start a new project, but I want to finish this one first. I knit the sleeves to the same length as the pattern; even thought they're supposed to be long. They seem to fit me well.

ETA: I started on the collar, and there a royal math error in the collar section. Luckily, when I looked back at the project listing, she has listed the errata on her listing, but did not update the pattern file. I started the first few short rows, and realized after going back to look at others' projects that the collar pick-up forces the collar to turn outwards, which would be fine for a normal collar, but since it's a shawl-style collar, it's going to look stupid stupid at the base of the collar, so I will have to rip back 2-3 rows started and figure out how to re-jig the collar. The pattern has been a bit of ups and downs - ups because the stockinette is very smooth easy knitting, and downs when I look at the pattern, and think (what they hay?!) and adjust it to work better than written. A few people have commented that they had to fudge the collar because the pattern designer's notes left a lot to be desired.

1 comment:

Natalie B said...

so excited!

black friday

I've updated the sale page with some key sales for Black Friday. I'm not doing a lot of yarn buying these days, so these are the on...