Tuesday, June 26, 2012

So

So I usually just mark a project as 100% when it's off the needles. Larch is definitely off the needles. Problem is that I have yet to pin, and seam the arms to the body, so I can't really say it's done, even though it's practically for all intents and purposes off the needles.

So, while I brew/stew up enough courage to pin and seam, I swatched for something new.

Lacewing, a short-sleeve top with a lace bottom, and picot edge, and mirrored lace cap sleeves. The yarn is Verdant Gryphon Bugga in Crimson Dropwing. I cast-on and knit the picot edge on a US8, following the pattern's intention to go up 2 needle sizes, but it was too big, so I've frogged it back.  The pattern calls for Corntastic but no ease, so I'm taking into account the stretch of the bugga yarn, and making allowances for that. To re-start with the US7, I need to take back a needle, so the Blue Morpho Shawl is getting bound-off. Turns out with all of the stockinette that I did in the middle to prep it for the columns shawl, I ended up knitting almost past where I knit the Brass and Steam, so it's pretty close in size to the other shawl. I'm binding that off now.

I had swatched for two new projects - a cardi wrap called Pas de Valse in Blue Lobster Bugga, and Gavotte a pullover with Satin Green Forester.  Neither of these are calling to me right now, as I'm looking for a cheerier colour.

My Sweet Fiber Yarn Club arrived today - it's a lovely grey wtih teal and brown, and some cute stitch markers, which I really love. I guess she includes one set with each 3-month subscription, so this is the month for that - yay!

...oh, and they changed the name of Ravelympics to Ravellenics due to the Greek influence.


No comments:

black friday

I've updated the sale page with some key sales for Black Friday. I'm not doing a lot of yarn buying these days, so these are the on...