Saturday, October 13, 2012

In progress pics

Codex Leaves Shawl
 
The codex leaves had started like this:

Codex Leaves Closeup

and ended up in strips. The placement of the strips was puzzling because I'd planned to alternate variegated and solid strips. Unfortunately, it ended up looking like a mish mash of clashing colours overall. So, I experimented with pairing the strips -

Codex Leaves layout 1

Codex Leaves layout 2

Pairing them seemed to be more pleasing.

Codex Leaves layout 3

When I crocheted them together though, they became a little more 3-D, and the crochet being not as flexible meant the strips were not as long. Still need to take a finished pic. Now that the weather's changed, I hope it to be soon, but I don't know when.

Color Affection

Almost done - I'm on the last 2" band, and then, the stretchy bind-off.
The colours are - Chocolate Crinkle (a dark brown, not as dark as I'd hoped), Bisque (brown-based creme, and En Vogue, a dark red-pink):

Plucky Knitter MCN

It's too big to take a great pic on my little table - so here's the top for the colour-

Color Affection top

and the bottom where I've added the En Vogue pink-red colorway

Color Affection Section 3

Color Affection


None of the colours look as dark as they are here, but it's a very pleasing combination in person. Still can't believe that I enjoyed this since it was all garter. Great for knitting in groups and while watching shows.


1 comment:

Natalie B said...

I like the way you've paired the leaves :)

black friday

I've updated the sale page with some key sales for Black Friday. I'm not doing a lot of yarn buying these days, so these are the on...