Sunday, March 30, 2014

Larch II in a lurch..

So, I measured my Larch II this week. It was going along pretty swimmingly..until I re-measured, and measured it against both my first Larch, and also my normal felted wool jacket. The good news is that I followed my previous mods exactly. The bad news is that I knit looser now than I did back then. So, this...
must now be re-visited. I think I'll have to rip back about 1/2 of it, and re-knit so that I follow the designer's plan for the decreases. for some reason time, although my gauge was closer to 24st/4" instead of the 23st/4" called for in the pattern, there was a slight growth, and so it just fit. Now, as per the gauge calculation, I'm dead on with an extra 9st/4" 9 of 24 is almost 1/2 of the 4", so almost 2" of extra. ok, I should just believe the math, next time. and..I'm not really working on anything else for knitting. I did today though go through and get rid of a bunch of old stuff that I've been moving around from place to place. these are the last few boxes that always get moved with my move. essentially old files and there was a lot there..now, it's in recycling and set to be shredded. Also, I packed 4 more boxes for Kim for her fundraising efforts, 1 more bag of plastic bags for recyling, and 1 bag of books for our United Way fundraiser at work...and onwards and upwards.

No comments:

black friday

I've updated the sale page with some key sales for Black Friday. I'm not doing a lot of yarn buying these days, so these are the on...