I finished the possum hat - took only 1 ball of DK yarn to make the modified Coronet Hat. I say modified because the first one I made from Camel and did not pick up from the bottom of the cable band inside before decreasing for the crown. I just knit the cable strip and picked up and knit to the crown. I wasn't sure I'd have enough camel yarn. I had just enough in the 1 ball which was about 100yds.
The possum hat was also about 100 yds, so not quite a full ball.
After putting it in the wash on warm (in a lingerie bag), and letting it dry, it fluffed up and it turned out to be very furry and so so soft. The drawback is that the hat is not quite as warm as my camel one. I think that's the merino-possum mix.
It's January and my only resolutions are to get out more, and to be more abundant. I've started walking again at lunch, and I'm still unpacking, but separating things to keep, from donations, and things for sale. Speaking of such, I'm starting my destash with some yarn, and books. Check out my destash page on rav and let me know if you're interested in anything. I will consider reasonable offers too.