Monday, August 14, 2006

Lotus Blossom Tank




It's 70 degrees and while the weather is perfect, I'm madly knitting my lotus blossom tank towards completion. I'm a bit more than half way - having finished the 4 repeats of the lotus lace (alien heads), and I'm in the stockinette now. This was taken without my flash. The color is actually a light blue.

This next one is with my flash - so you can see the color closer...

Also hiding in the upper right corner are some really cute new stitch markers I found on ETSY.com (Search for "Sheep stitch markers" and you'll just fall in love with them.

I'm using Madil Eden (Cascade's Bamboo) and making the smallest size. A local store near me had knit it in the off-white and let me try it on. Even though I am between the smallest and next smallest size, it fit me perfectly (expanded to fit!). The bamboo has more drape than cotton, or the SWTC bamboo, and it hasn't split much, of course, I knit sl-o-o-o-wly through the lace part, so I was careful not to split it. Now, I hope I can knit it quick enough to catch the end of summer.

Also started this pink cabled top from Louisa Harding's Gathering Roses collection in LH Kashmir Aran - very soft, but my head is getting dizzy from all the cables. It's hard to see from the picture, but there are cables running up, alternating with little hearts, and seed stich made from purls in the right places. I am on my second ball, and thankfully found my very very enlarge photocopy of the pattern, so I'm not as dizzy now as I was on the first ball. The original chart is about 2" high on a letter-sized page...just a wee bit hard to see when I'm trying knit across the pattern repeat twice (knitting in the round).

Also in the works, finishing off some projects to be mailed - 2 baby boleros for friends having babies NOW...hope I can get them in the mail before the grow too big.

No comments:

black friday

I've updated the sale page with some key sales for Black Friday. I'm not doing a lot of yarn buying these days, so these are the on...