Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Lotus Blossom Tank

I'm about 2" into the stockinette and realizing that my pattern repeats are about 2" longer than what the pattern calls for. It seems that I didn't confirm row gauge. No way to do that with the change in yarn to the Madil Eden. I have 22 st wide and 26 rows high, versus the pattern's 36 rows. So, It'll take some adjustment. I'm printing the graph paper now and hope to map out what changes I will need to make.

I knit the third ball of the Louisa Harding Cabled knit top. It's slow-going. Even though I enalarged the pattern on a copier so I could see it, I still need to pay attention, otherwise I find the row getting out of synch with the number of stitches, or I find myself holding the cable stitches to the front instead of the back. It's just not normal for me to hold it to the back! unfortunately, that's 2 times each side that I'm holding it to the back, so I'm now noticing right away when I hold it to the front by mistake. With all the cabling, I can see it WILL need the 12 balls called for in the pattern, since the balls are only 83 yds, and it gets taken up into cables pretty quickly. Not all of my hearts look like hearts, especially the ones at the seam where the increases are occurring. Oh well. Who's going to look up at my armpits when I'm wearing the sweater ?

No comments:

black friday

I've updated the sale page with some key sales for Black Friday. I'm not doing a lot of yarn buying these days, so these are the on...