Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Violette Sweater (pink cable)

I'm still at work with the Louisa Harding Violette Pink cable sweater.
I'm past my waist and still going strong. I took a break last night to pick up an old project, the red and brown sparkle tank shown back in January as a UFO. I had overknit the front, and forgotten to bind-off at the armholes, so I ripped it back and re-bound off in the appropriate spots. Now, I'm joining the second ball at the neck, so I can finish up. With today turning cool-ish in the 60s from yesterday's 90s, I'm thinking I'll knit sleeves on this one, maybe even 3/4 length sleeves from the top down. I can hardly wait, it'll be a new technique for me.

I also started swatching with Calmer in Coral. Made my 4" swatch then, re-read the yarn band. The band says 21 stitches for 4 inches on a US 7; the pattern says 21 stitches on a US 8. I'd probably be closer on a US 7, so I'll have to try that again later.

No comments:

black friday

I've updated the sale page with some key sales for Black Friday. I'm not doing a lot of yarn buying these days, so these are the on...