Thursday, April 16, 2009

Belated Gifts...

I received a belated gift on Friday - a gift certificate from Beehive which I used to purchase "Sock Innovation" by Cookie A. I love the book - the patterns look very interesting and she has some information about designing socks, and adjusting existing patterns, which is interesting to me.

Yesterday was a terrible horrible no good very bad day...or at least, it seemed like it at the time. I went to Beer Knit late as I was working late, and ordered a Cobb salad - what came did not resemble any salad I've seen...a small head of iceberg, chopped in quarters, 2 slices of bacon, a soft-boiled egg, chopped in half, and a small cherry tomato chopped in half. Then, drizzled over with the blue cheese dressing. Yay. It has all the components listed on the menu. Was it a salad ? Maybe from the perspective of the kitchen staff who wanted to get back to the playoffs...
I had brought my second sock to knit and ended up unknitting, reknitting, and unknitting again. This morning, I fixed the setup row, but last night, I was tired, and cranky so knitting didn't work so well.

On the way home, I pulled myself out of the hole by treating myself to a helium balloon, and a cute fun pink weight. It was $5.05.

Cheery Balloon

Cheerful Balloon

Pink Weight
A good price to pay for a little lift, and it's supposed to last 2 weeks. :)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Sorry to hear you had a rotton day, but I LOVE that you bought yourself a balloon to cheer up! I will keep that in mind, SO much cheaper than therapy, eh?

I'm glad to hear you got Sock Innovation. It looked great and I actually wanted to get you that book for your birthday, but it wasn't available yet. I need to knit more socks.

black friday

I've updated the sale page with some key sales for Black Friday. I'm not doing a lot of yarn buying these days, so these are the on...