Tuesday, April 07, 2009

weekend birthday fun

Saturday I went with my mom for dim sum at Golden City. I hadn't been there for a long time and I was surprised at how many Chinese people were there and how many people spoke Chinese. The portions were large and affordable (between $3.50 and $5.00 per container). Ate many favorites and took some home too. Re-found a dessert I hadn't seen since Portland - which was called Crystal Balls, which are rice wrapping on the outside (similar to the shrimp dumpling) but with a egg yolk, almost custard on the inside. Yummy. They stopped serving lunch at 2pm, so though we wanted one more the crystal balls dessert, we didn't get another. So, that's for next time.

Afterwards, went across the street to Beehive to see if they had the Cookie A book "Sock Innovation". No such luck. The young woman did not even know about it being published. Went to Chapters and it was "unavailable for new ordering", and looked in the Bay Centre a little bit. Discovered a cute store for stationery called The Papery on Fort, far side of the Bay Centre - note to self, to remember this place has lots of stationery, card, and wrap options, journals, and affordable Small organza bags ($1-$3).

On Monday, I took the day off. I had planned to sleep in, and did, sort of except for the 7AM raise the garage door to put the garbage out wake-up call. After that, I went back to bed, and got up about 10am or so. Ate some dim sum leftovers, and went to Silk Road for my 3 hour Spa appointment - pedicure, foot massage, and body massage. It was very relaxing. It also turned out to be a beautiful sunny day.

In the late evening, went onto Rav, and saw some posts about my birthday. I stayed away from the computer for most of the day. Heike, my birthday swap partner received and opened my swap package and loved it - it's always fun to put together a swap package and have the recipient enjoy what I put together.

No comments:

black friday

I've updated the sale page with some key sales for Black Friday. I'm not doing a lot of yarn buying these days, so these are the on...