Tuesday, September 11, 2007

interesting discoveries

Unpacked my 6ft bookshelf, into 3 file boxes, prepped one more box to bring to Powell's and sorted by German silk-painting books for donation. Now I'm using the shelf to sort the other clutter. I filled another box with cardstock and fancy paper and friend David brought it down to my garage, along with 3 boxes of books. Sorted through 3 more boxes of old (2003, and 2001) receipts; and found some even older from 1999 from Germany and Singapore. More for shredding - 2 bags; and 2 more for recycling.





A guy came by today and bought my Adirondack rocker and chair; so, that's dealt with. I wasn't looking forward to moving those. The umbrella and stand are still available. Hopefully, someone will need one before fall is over.

Still lots of crafts to sort through. Some interesting discoveries today - found an old Dava Bead Purchase card to add to my collection - getting closer to that $100; found a bag of feet for my sewing machine (yay! I've been looking for this for a long time) AND found a library book that I've had for a long time that is due back this month.

Also, found 2 new groups on yahoo while looking for places to sell the previous crafts I loved. One is a new group starting a Portland Knitting Guild in NE Portland. I joined up; seems no further than the Tigard Knitting Guild. The second group is a group of Portland Knitters that blog...interesting. As I do more sorting and packing to ready for my move, i'll probably blog more about me than about my knitting...we'll see, I hope to keep making time for the knitting.

Work on the wrap has temporarily stalled. I knit about 7 or 8" of the first panel on the right (shown previously partially worked). The pattern says to go for 14", and I have about 7" or 8" which seems enough to go around my shoulder. I'm not sure whether to continue going and make it droopy...since it's my first one, but I'd hate to try to rip it back if it's too big. Close Knit's knit night is tomorrow, so i'm planning to go back and see if someone else there knows if I just have skinny arms, or if I'm not measuring in the right place. It's hard to hold up the wrap to myself in the mirror and measure at the same time.

No comments:

black friday

I've updated the sale page with some key sales for Black Friday. I'm not doing a lot of yarn buying these days, so these are the on...