Friday, September 07, 2007

Thursday's progress...

This wrap is really addictive - last night I stayed up late again to knit a few more rows.


Since last post, I complete the height of the back (13"), and put the left stitches on a holder. Now, I'm knitting the panel on the right side, which will fold over my shoulder to the front. I am really loving this yarn. It is soooo soft, and the colors are so inspiring as I form the knitting stitches.

Today, I had a busy day - I really drove all over town.
My street was being sealed, so I had to move my car to another part of the neighborhood last night, then had a nice walk to my car this morning.

I met some friends for dim sum downtown (whoa -Fong Chong is getting expensive!). Then, went to the post office, the bank, and to Powell's warehouse to see if I could sell some more books. I'm really trying to lighten my load as I have been "collecting" craft books for a while now and the value of those just drops like a stone. The lady at the warehouse was really nice and bought several of my books - I brought 3 file boxes in and 2 came out. Yay!

After that, I went to the library (another haunt) to pick up holds. Last-minute Knitted Gifts is a book that was on hold for me; and one I've never purchased. Some pretty simple patterns in there, but interesting all the same. Also, looking at "Knitted Accessories" by Claire Crompton.

After the library, I headed home - my car needed an oil change really badly (I mean really), but Hwy 217 was backed up, so I went to costco to pick up my new "emerald green" contacts - the first ones were called "cry blue" and had me almost in tears, they were so clear, I couldn't identify them in the case! These ones are much better.

Next to Goodwill to drop off a small toaster oven that had been rattling around in my car all day. Then, I really did make it to a different Jiffy Lube for the oil change - they were so quick, I barely made it through a row of knitting on my wrap! and they had a special sign out - so I saved $8. Sweet.

Finally came home about 6:15pm; the barriers were removed, and I have a new ashphalted street - black, but dull (not sticky, which is a good thing!)

No comments:

black friday

I've updated the sale page with some key sales for Black Friday. I'm not doing a lot of yarn buying these days, so these are the on...