Wednesday, September 05, 2007

So Inspiring!

Last night I went to Close Knit for a class with Iris Schreier and her new book "Lacy Little Knits":




















In just a short 2 hours, we learned how to make this long stitch wrap -made a swatch, and started with our real yarn...




















The teal turned out better than expected. Here is the before and after:















I think I had maybe 3 inches done by the end of class, then came home and knit for a couple of hours. The yarn is called Silk Rhapsody - it's hand painted silk & mohair. It is soooooo luxuriously soft to knit with, that it knits up very easily and quickly. I'm zooming along with my addis, and after this, i'll probably be spoiled for yarn.



I was a little worried about that mint color in the skein itself, but it balances the brightness of the teal and the darkness of the brown nicely. In this picture, it looks almost white. I've so fallen in love with this yarn!

No comments:

black friday

I've updated the sale page with some key sales for Black Friday. I'm not doing a lot of yarn buying these days, so these are the on...