Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival

I went to Oregon Flock and Fiber yesterday and oooh, that place is sooo dangerous. The drive was fine - about 70F when I arrived in Canby, found a parking place, and stepped into the 4-H building. First stop was Blue Moon Fiber Arts - I just love their colors. Found a gorgeous skein of kidmo-silk in laceweight in my color - a magenta/beet root red colorway called "Backstabber".

Next picked up some crocheted scrubbies for pots/pans. I haven't had much luck making them myself, but they are very handy to have on hand.

Much of the same as last time I went - lots of fiber for spinning, and knitting. Interlacements was there again and what beautiful colorways! Also, stopped by Hokulani Farms to look at their cashmere yarn. Just $25 for a skein of fine laceweight yarn - 450 yds. The owner designs her own patterns, and most take only 1 or 2 skeins. Where can you get a cashmere scarf for only $25 ? She had a fabulous collection of bold colors. My color ? Dahlia.

Sudan Farms was there and offering lamb kebabs. I had two - they were soooo good. Yum!

Village Spinners & Knitters was there from California - huge selection of books but not much yarn. I did find a special Addi needle that has a US 6 knitting needle on one side, and a size C crochet hook on the other. What a find!

Progress on the Drop-stitch Wrap: Completed the one front triangle, finished the 2nd rectangle on the other side of the wrap, and have just started the second front triangle (decreases). It still feels luxurious.

No comments:

black friday

I've updated the sale page with some key sales for Black Friday. I'm not doing a lot of yarn buying these days, so these are the on...