Sunday, July 20, 2008

Another relaxing weekend...

What a nice relaxing weekend. Friday was my flex day and I was out and about with my mom - to the tailor, the post office, the bank and home. Saturday, I'd planned to go to the Moss St. Paint-in, but ended up doing things at home - and relaxing in a cool fan breeze. Saturday evening went for dinner at Olive Grove on W. Saanich Rd., and had a wonderful lamb dish that was so tender and yummy; preceded by escargot (yes, snails, and yummy too), and ending up with a lovely light creme caramel. Service was superfast. The meal was so good, I also posted a review on dinehere.ca. After that horrible lunch service I had at the place near to work, I was very pleasantly surprised about the quick service to go along with the great food. After dinner, I went to the Post office at Royal Oak in Country Grocer - the post office is open the entire time the grovery store is open - 8am-10pm every day except Christmas (the postal lady said) - amazing!
great hours and very helpful service.

Sunday, I went with my mom to look at an Open House for a near $1 million new house off Quadra St, just a stone's throw from Saanich Centre, with a view of the city, and Mt. Baker. It was a very nice view, but only a few parking spots for visitors, and a smallish living space 2200 sqft for the price. There were 2 houses for sale. The first one had an address ending in "8", which is considered lucky in Chinese culture. No red here, but a very light bright kitchen, and large living spaces. The 2nd one next door had an address ending in "4". Ominous...with quiet foreboding - it was very dark inside and made darker by dark paint on the walls - dark brown in the living room, and kitchen cabinets, and at least one sub-level bedroom was painted a dark olive - dark wooden stairs, and railing, and smaller rooms, with views mostly of the neighbor on the other side. We visited a short time then went out and enjoyed the sunshine.

I knit a few rows of my dress on Friday - now I'm thinking of adding the black back in to add some interest on the top of the top. It's so very soft. I'm luxuriating in it. I took the lotus bamboo tank out of its bag and fiddled with the strap/armhole a bit. I need to sit down and finish up the seaming of the strap, and I think finish off the armhole, and neck hole. It sits well, and I'll be excited to finish up a project.

No comments:

black friday

I've updated the sale page with some key sales for Black Friday. I'm not doing a lot of yarn buying these days, so these are the on...