Thursday, July 17, 2008

Magic Yarn Ball Swap Rec'd (Ravelry)

Tuesday I received this amazing package from my Magic Yarn Ball Swap partner Mairi, and took a couple of days to unwind it, rewind it, and take pics. It was funny to see how many things we had in common - we both used blue yarn to wrap our swap packages. The Magic Yarn Ball Swap, you pick a pattern that uses one skein of yarn, and the one skein of yarn; then, unwind the yarn and wind it around 15-20 small items so that the will fall out as the recipient unwinds the ball. I had a ball wrapping the yarn around the stuff I sent to Mairi, and I see that she did too in prepping my package. She wound three balls of yarn in total around the items. I had a fun time separating the different strands.

Here's the before shot: and the ball version
And the after pic:
Oooooh Ahhhh! Oooooh Ahhhh!

I am such a lucky (and happy) girl - I received 9 Handmade Stitch markers which I really really love love love ! Clover’s Locking Stitch Markers (which I use all the time), A very cool silicone tea spoon with holes in the base where you put the tea leaves - I haven’t seen this before, and I will definitely use this! A pink M Notebook with pen and a pink M Tin with watermelon jelly bellys inside (yum!), a couple of small zippered pouches which are very handy, citrus candy for my sweet tooth, a small bag of shiny mother of pearl or shell buttons (love these too).

Pkg #2 is a Ritter Sport milk Chocolate bar - I love this!
pkg #3 is a pattern - Cookie A’s Twisted Flower Pattern (Thanks so much for spoiling me!) and a pattern for a tiny sock (to take care of that extra yarn - thanks!)

The Yarn is Lucy Neatby’s Celestial Merino in royal Blue - 100g ball - that’s I think 400m (Wow - perfect for the socks). The Yarn ball winder is mine - but I left the ball on it so you could see how huge this skein is.

Here’s a close up of the stitch markers (with a clover LSM so you can see how tiny these little treasures are. They're beautiful - my fave is the first one in the upper left there...


Now that my partner has opened her package - here's what I sent:

2 skeins of malabrigo lace (wound with the blue), packed the olive; raspberry candies from the english sweet shop, murchie's tea, lavender in little sachets, a couple of freebie lace patterns, a cookie cutter of a grad hat (since she just graduated), also a congrats metal tag, and 2008, a crochet hook, orange scorer (I know, it's odd, but it was small), some canadian confetti, postcards of Victoria, shaped paper clips, 2 butterfly magnets, a pinch/dash spoon, nd a mini wind-up flashlight (no batteries).



No comments:

black friday

I've updated the sale page with some key sales for Black Friday. I'm not doing a lot of yarn buying these days, so these are the on...