Sunday, July 27, 2008

Pretty in Pink

A pink weekend it's been.

First some unexpected mail - one of my asian friends sent me a pretty pink Friendship card from Thai land. The postmark has cute elephants on it.

Thai Card

Then, my fabric bag came in the mail. Brenda (Ruddawg) was kind enough to swap a bag I received in one of my swaps for this flower fabric KIP bag (aka Knit in Progress). It is the cutest thing - and I love the pink flowers, and the red-pink coloring. I also asked her specifically for the bright fuchsia cord, which I really love - because pink is well, pink is my color. The bottom of the bag is black and soft, and the bag stands up on its own. I tucked it in my purse today, and flattened it a bit for the photo:-

KIP Flower Bag side 1

KIP Flower Bag Closed

Today I went for my massage at Silk Road, then browsed the Sunday Market on Government st. right in front of the tea shop and found this cute pouch on sale at Leo Rising.

Leo Rising Pouch

It's about the size of a pencil case. The last one (bird) I used for my sunglasses. This one's destined most likely for knitting stuff, or perhaps, pencils.

It was so windy downtown, that the tents were being whipped this way and that. After that, I walk towards Market Square to explore a little. Luanne was at her shop (A Little Bit of Hanoi) and had restocked her little flower-shaped silk bags that are also perfect for small knitting projects, as well as the little jewelry-sized ones. I also looked in at Beadworld, and picked up some 10s. There I also found some small dusty-rose colored organza bags.

Yep, I'm back on my pink kick. MMMmmmmalabrigo
Malabrigo Worsted Pink Frost

No comments:

black friday

I've updated the sale page with some key sales for Black Friday. I'm not doing a lot of yarn buying these days, so these are the on...