Sunday, July 13, 2008

Weekend stashing and swap packaging

I had a good weekend all around this weekend. The weather was warm, and I had a lazy Saturday mostly followed by a lazy Sunday. Saturday's highlight was the sale at Beehive Wool - 20% off everything. I went to pick up some lovely yarn for some Ravelry swaps I'm participating in and came away with some beautiful skeins for the ladies - someone's definitely in for some treats. Prudence Mapstone was also there to show off her freeform crochet, discuss techniques and show off samples to a small crowd of onlookers. Afterwards, I went with Megan (BB) for a snack at QV, which was fun. She's acting as a go-between for one of my swap packages, so I'm on the edge waiting for her to deliver my Magic Yarn Ball (MYB) Swap package from Mairi her BFF in Kamloops, and going to deliver Mairi's MYB to Megan on Tuesday to bring back to her via Megan's sister - how cool is that?! Way to save the postage...

Sunday I slept in, arranged contents for my swap packages, and went out late in the day for some window-shopping with my mom. Came home and fiddled with my swap packages again. I'm in three - MYB Swap, Sock Yarn from your Stash Swap, and Four Season Summer Swap.

Magic Yarn Ball involves gathering a pattern, and a skein of yarn to make the pattern; then, unwinding the yarn, and gathering 15-20 small items and winding the skein of yarn around them so that the little items are trapped inside the big ball of yarn. I hope Mairi will like what I've picked. I'll post a pic of the finished ball. I finished up winding the yarn around tonight, so it's ready to go to Megan Tuesday. The other 2 swaps have contents idling waiting to be boxed.

No comments:

black friday

I've updated the sale page with some key sales for Black Friday. I'm not doing a lot of yarn buying these days, so these are the on...